All 42 Girls finish Secondary School
16th June 2018:
Last week the head of our Girl Child Project Florence asked me what I thought of having a celebration for 42 of our girls who were now departing to do their final Secondary School exam.
She advised that she would not spend a lot of money and I was delighted with the idea and gave the thumbs up.
You can see the simple certificates, the simple hats, the few balloons, but to these girls who have nothing, sometimes not even underwear, it is so special. For once someone making a fuss just for them.
If you ask me what have we achieved in the four years:
- All 42 have avoided marriage and pregnancy
- They are all be more confident and stronger
- They will be appreciated and valued by their communities, having broken through the barrier and finishes Secondary school
- They will be respected by all
- Hopefully they will have all learned to grow their own food, and if not, will know where to come to learn more