PRESS RELEASE FROM COMPASS RECORDS:
Putting their motto, “A hand up, not a hand-out” into practice, Wells for Zoë founders John and Mary Coyne (parents of tenor banjo player Éamonn Coyne) have assembled a top-notch collection of Celtic and Folk musicians for the purpose of helping the local population of Northern Malawi to access fresh water and create a sustainable living environment.
New tracks from Irish pop icon Sinead O’Connor and Scottish Borders-based singer Karine Polwart along with previously unreleased tracks from singer/songwriters Paul Brady and Dougie MacLean grace the album alongside a new version of an Alison Brown Quartet favorite and a genre-crossing version of the Eurythmics’ “Sisters are Doing it For Themselves” by Irish folk singer Maura O’Connell and Canadian folk band, The Duhks along with Tim O’Brien and John Doyle.
The purchase of this CD helps to provide funding for future projects and assists in spreading the message of Wells for Zoë.
- Well for Zoë – Karine Polwart & Tim O’Brien
- Baby, Let Me Buy You a Drink – Sinéad O’Connor (with Liam Ó Maonlaí) (YouTube clip)
- Cumbia Celtica – Salsa Celtica
- Wading Deep Waters – Crooked Still
- Watermans – Michael McGoldrick
- Sisters Are Doing It for Themselves – Maura O’Connell, The Duhks, Tim O’Brien and John Doyle
- The Wonderful Sea Voyage (of Holy St. Brendan) [New Version] – Alison Brown Quartet with John Doyle & Éamonn Coyne
- I Find Your Love – Beth Nielsen Chapman
- Just In Case of Accidents [Demo Version] – Paul Brady
- The Lakeside Barndances – Éamonn Coyne & Kris Drever
- This Love Will Carry – Dougie MacLean [Previously Unreleased]
- Muddy Water – Heidi Talbot